Franger Gas Company is looking for a service technician for the Elkhart market. This position works with our customers, both new and existing, to install and maintain propane systems in residential, commercial, and agricultural settings.
Primary Duties include:
- Installation of bulk propane tanks according to code at both residential and commercial properties
- Installation and/or connection of small appliances such as space heaters, stoves, grills, etc.
- Troubleshooting and repair of various propane and natural gas appliances
- Troubleshooting propane systems and repairing as needed
- Responding and resolving customer requests and issues
- Basic reporting, occasional collections and safety training
- Class B CDL license (will need Haz-Mat endorsement)
- Current DOT Physical
- Able to work with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Team oriented, but able to work independently
- Critical thinking and ability to diagnose problems to find solutions
- Mechanical aptitude
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly Plus Overtime – Competitive compensation based on your experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement plan
Franger Gas Company is a locally owned, third generation family propane company. Celebrating more than 70 years in business, we have grown from a small appliance store to a multi-million-dollar enterprise. With less than 50 colleagues spread out across 5 facilities, we embrace the smaller scale, team-oriented work environment.